This was the very first dress pattern I tried. As happy as I was that I completed it and it all actually worked, it wasn't exactly a good fit, or the right fabric. Now I've tried my hand at a few different patterns I decided to go back to this pretty dress for a wedding outfit in a couple of weeks.
I picked up this gorgeous linen like polka dot cotton and knew it would be perfect for this.
I love the neck line and princess seams, and I now had enough experience to be able to downsize and shave a couple of cm off certain parts to get a much better fit in the bodice.
To finish off I omitted the skirt pattern and added a gathered skirt instead. Also, a much more successful invisible zip, where I finally manage to line all seams and edges up right....woooop!!!